How to Use Your Features
Instructions and quick tips for using your calling features
How to Use Our Most Popular Calling Features†
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- Call Waiting ID / Wait & See
- Call Forwarding
- Three-Way Calling
- Call Blocker / Call Screen
- Call Return / Automatic Call Back
- Repeat Dialing / Auto Redial
- Speed Calling
- Anonymous Call Rejection
- Voice Mail
Tells you who’s calling before you pick up the phone and keeps a log of your past calls.
Caller ID works automatically with a Caller ID equipped phone or display unit. By the second ring of a call, your caller’s information will appear on the screen of the phone or display unit.
Alerts you that another caller is trying to reach you while you’re on the phone.
TO DISABLE: *70
Call Waiting works automatically. To temporarily disable Call Waiting during your next phone call, dial *70 prior to dialing the phone number.
Call Waiting ID/Wait & See††
Tells you who’s calling when you have a call waiting.
Call Waiting ID/Wait & See works automatically with a Caller ID equipped phone or display unit. When you’re on the phone and receive another call, the name and/or number of the new caller will be displayed on your phone.
Allows you to transfer incoming calls to another telephone number.
TO ENABLE: 72# • TO DISABLE: 73#
Press 72# and then enter the number to which you want calls forwarded. Press 73# to turn off Call Forwarding.
Allows you to add a third party to an existing call.
When you’re on a call, press and release the receiver button or press the Flash button to get a second dial tone, then dial the second number.
Call Blocker/Call Screen††††
Blocks calls from pre-selected local telephone numbers and/or blocks the last incoming call.
TO ENABLE: *60 • TO DISABLE: *80
To block a caller, press *60 (dial 1160 on a rotary phone) and follow the instructions. (Press # to add a number or press * to remove one.) To block your last incoming call, press #, listen for three tones, press 01#. To turn it off, press *80.
- To add a number to your blocking list, press # (or dial 12 on a rotary phone) and listen for three short tones.
- Dial the number you want to add to your list of numbers to block and follow the prompts to quit or add more numbers to your list. To remove a number from your blocking list , press * (dial 11 on a rotary phone) and listen for three short tones.
- Dial the number you want to remove from your list of blocked and follow the prompts to quit or remove more numbers from your list. To block the number of the last call you received, press # (or dial 12 on a rotary phone) and listen for three short tones. Press 01 and then # again (or dial 12 on a rotary phone).
- To turn off Call Blocker, press *80 (or dial 1180 on a rotary phone). You can hang up to end, press 08 to remove all the numbers on your list, or press 09 to remove any unknown callers that you`ve blocked.
Automatically redials the last incoming telephone number.
TO ENABLE: *69 • TO DISABLE: *89
Press *69 to dial the telephone number from the last incoming call. If the number is busy, it will keep trying to call the number for a maximum of 30 minutes. You will be signaled with a distinctive ring when the call can be completed.
Automatically redials the last outgoing telephone number dialed.
TO ENABLE: *66 • TO DISABLE: *86
Press *66 to dial the telephone number from the last outgoing call. If the number is busy, it will keep trying to call the number for a maximum of 30 minutes. You will be signaled with a distinctive ring when the call can be completed.
Places calls by dialing only a one-digit or two-digit code.
TO ENABLE: 74#
To assign a speed code, press 74# and wait for a dial tone. Then enter the speed code number you would like to assign, followed by the phone number to be assigned. To automatically dial that number, press the speed code you have assigned to the number, followed by the # key.
Automatically rejects calls that have been marked anonymous by the calling party.
TO ENABLE: *77 • TO DISABLE: *87
Anonymous Call Rejection works automatically. Press *87 if you choose to disable this service. Press *77 to re-enable it. Your phone will not ring for calls that are rejected. The caller will receive a denial
Checking Messages From Your Own Phone or From a Remote Phone
Dial your 10 digit telephone number. Exception: California: Dial 1 + your telephone number when dialing from your telephone number or remotely. Wisconsin: Dial 1-866-617-7580 when dialing from your telephone number or remotely.
Press * to interrupt the greeting.
Enter your password.
While playing messages, if you have accidentally discarded a message, you may retrieve it by pressing 7 again after deleting the message.
Personalizing Your Voice Mail
(Change of Password or Personal Greetings)
- At the Main Menu, Press 0 to access your Mailbox Options menu.
- Press 1 to record greeting
- Press 2 to manage your temporary greeting
- Press 3 to change your password
Greeting Length: up to 60 sec
Incoming Message Length: up to 3 min
Mailbox Capacity: 40 messages
Message Retention: 30 days; messages in Saved Folder stay until you delete them
New Message Indicator†
A distinctive "stutter" dial tone when you pick up your phone indicates new messages. Depending on your phone equipment, you may see a steady or flashing message light. The indicator will remain active until you’ve listened to all messages.